22 December 2011

A conversation with M-: Away in a manger full of presents

Here's a revealing conversation I had with my 4-year-old daughter M-, when I absentmindedly vented my brain of the potentially hazardous buildup of Christmas songs stuck in it:

Me: "I don't want a lot for Christmas / ..."

M- (interrupting with an important point, while gesturing slightly to herself): I do.

Me: Oh you do, do you??

M-: Yes. Do YOU want a lot for Christmas?

Me (really overselling my angelic virtue): No. I just want everybody to be happy.

M- (brow furrowed in earnest reflection): ... Well, I want a lot for Christmas.



You may enjoy my previous M- conversations, (7YO son) D- conversations, and (wife) J- conversations.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Honesty. She knows she will be happy if she gets a lot for Christmas so then you will be happy, too. See? It's all good.

Sarah L said...

And I bet she got a lot for Christmas, too. Spread over days. Does she know her wish came true?