24 March 2008

Developments at our house, Vol. 3

Some more developments at our house in the past few days:

1. I accidentally left M- unattended with a yogurt cup on the coffee table, and I didn't end up with yogurt all over the couch, or anything at all for that matter. We must be making progress.

2. D- discovered the ability to step on his own finger, and how frustrating it is when you have no one to blame but yourself for pain.

3. M- sneezed and a miniature (appropriately enough) chocolate chip flew out of her mouth and hit my foot. I have no idea where she got this from, so I've gone ahead and assumed that D- dropped one at some point earlier in the week. It's too strange to ponder beyond that.

4. Possibly in an attempt to top M- and her chocolate chip, D- turned up at my brother's fiancee's bridal shower this weekend (at my parents' house) chewing on an unidentified black chunk of something. This was brought to my attention, since he was showing it off upon request but was unable to explain what it was.

I took a look at it and had no more luck recognizing it, and all I could get out of him was that he found it somewhere at our house before we left. The closest thing I could guess it was is half a dried blueberry (uncooked, hence all the chewing) from the "Mixed Berry" oatmeal he had the previous day. Again, guessing beyond that is too intimidating.

5. M- has begun insistently calling out "Deet! Deet!!" (meaning "teeth", not the potent insecticide) and tugging on pant legs whenever any of us are brushing our teeth, standing near a tooth brush, using or standing near any other type of brush, or whenever she remembers she has teeth. Apparently we won't have to worry too much about dental hygiene with either of our kids. J-'s curse may be broken already.

6. D- was sitting on the couch staring off into space, then he suddenly said "What? Did you say something?" I said, "Nope." He thought for a second and said, "Did I?"

Space cadet, indeed.

Note: Here are the other volumes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You have been nominated for a 2007 Best Of Blog Award!! Especially designed to bring attention to lower profile bloggers, The BoB’s as we like to call them are currently taking nominations in over 20 different categories. To find out more about how your site has a chance to become one of this year’s Best Of’s and how to nominate other bloggers, visit us at www.thebestofblogs.com. Remember voting begins April 14th so make sure you pass the word to your friends, family, and faithful followers.

Sincerely,
Bill Beck
Project Mgr.
The Best Of Blog Awards
Email:Bloggerbeck@aol.com

SherE1 said...

Congratulations! =)

LiteralDan said...

Thank you much, now I just hope to get some votes! Voting hasn't started yet, but I'm already preparing my "maybe next year" speech to myself... lol