26 March 2008

Yet another reason why I love my son

After intently watching the anti-blind-consumerist The Story of Stuff (maybe another post on that later) on the computer with me, I put on Wallace and Gromit's three shorts, since I promised D- we could watch a movie while Momma was out of town for a few days. Just as the third one was finishing, he sat up on the couch and said, "I wanna turn off the TV."

Perhaps there's hope for the future after all.

P.S. Just now, he wanted to sit on my lap to see what I was doing that was so much more important than playing with him (what is, really?). He looked over the page, pointed to "TV" and asked, "Why did you write the word 'TV'?" The reading begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sense a Proud Papa among us!

LiteralDan said...

Oh indubitably! It's easier to make jokes most of the time, but that kid just blows me away on a regular basis. And his little partner in crime is headed right down the same path