09 March 2008

Spending my daylight time

Apparently we forgot to tell M- that Daddy was promised she would wake up an hour later today...

Let me just say that, children aside, I still hate Daylight Saving Time. I think it's antiquated and unnecessary, regardless of the purported side benefits of fewer car accidents at rush hour and less energy consumed overall. I'm too tired to think of how these aspects are offset somewhere else, but I know they are.

I wish more states (and countries) would rebel and we could all just give up the ridiculousness.

This agony is not worth the one day with an hour of extra sleep. Especially when kids just wake up an hour earlier then, anyway. Damn well-rested children.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, if she used to wake up at 8, today she would wake up at 9. Did she forget to spring ahead and instead fell back and woke up at 7 on the new time? Happy napping.

LiteralDan said...

She generally wakes up between 7:30-8:30, though usually after 8. Today she did the same, as if we had jumped her clock ahead along with the rest.

Anonymous said...

We actually found a Wii this morning and I've already kicked the hubby's ass at bowling!

p.s. I added you as a link on my blog. I like your stuff and it's always nice to meet a fellow writer wanna-be.

LiteralDan said...

Thanks for the link, and the compliment. I enjoyed your site as well, and I've added your link to my blogroll.

Congratulations on the Wii! I very much mean to brag, but I am a Tennis, Baseball, and Bowling pro. Golf is next, someday.

I don't get to box much with the kids around :-(`