24 June 2009

Classic quotes, Vol. 16

Here are a few choice quotes just from the past two weeks of our vacation alone, this time all from my 5-year-old son D- and 2-year-old daughter M-:

M- (slapping my legs while she sat on the toilet): I'm cwapping your pants!*

D- (after winking at our now-fawning waitress, while smiling coyly): What's your name?

M- (asked of Grandma absolutely out of the blue, then restated by D- after she understandably questioned what M- had asked): Why does Santa have helpers?

M- (a moment of clarity during a minor tantrum in a restaurant): I'm fwustwaited!!

M- (on another occasion, reaching up and pushing on my chin while I was telling her how naughty she was acting): I am cwosing your mouth, to stop your talking to me!**

And to close this very M--heavy quote list, a bonus from before we left for vacation:

M- (generously offering some of her "Mystery" flavored lollipop): You want a wick of my Mystery?



* The next day she said she was, "Cwapping on [my] head," which honestly isn't as far-fetched as it should be, given some of the barely contained bodily-function mishaps we've come to know so well.

** Rest assured, she earned herself a good yellin'-to for this typically self-narrated mutinous behavior.

12 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Oh, Dan, that girl is going to give you a run for your money.

Mama Dawg said...

You totally need to video some of these. They're hysterical.

justme said...

"I'm cwapping ur pants"

OMGawd, LMAO!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!!

Swirl Girl said...

Tell M to keep her mystery to herself until she's about 30!

Jenny Grace said...

Love the ladies' man line! He winks?

Scientific Chick said...

That last one was pure gold.
Thanks for sharing!

MakingChanges said...

If they weren't so cute we'd either kill them or lock them up. What was your response to the Mystery offer? Just curious!

Anonymous said...

I wanna adopt her just so I can listen to her cute words every.single.day.

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

My new answer to EVERYTHING will be to slap someone's leg and tell them I'm Cwapping their pants.

Bookworm said...

ROFLMAO "I'm cwapping your pants!"

OMG that is priceless!!

I am going to be snickering all day now. LOL

Heidi said...

I think my favorite is the cwapping your pants. You can't make up good stuff like that. It's what makes kids tolerable...okay, there's lots more, but the funny things you couldn't dream of that they do are some of the best parts of kid-dom.

Father Knows (Travis) Best said...

Sounds like these kids have it all figured out. I'm still tryin' to "figure it all out," and I'm 26.