Well, folks, I was recently tagged by (the highly recommended) Kat* at 3 Bedroom Bungalow to Let in Crazytown, along with the reliably hilarious Middle Aged Woman at Unmitigated, with the 6 Uninteresting Things About You meme.**
In the spirit of doing whatever the hell we want to all the time, and since we were both hard-pressed to identify anything about ourselves that isn't fascinating***, we decided to swap responsibilities and write each other's lists. You can see the list I wrote about her here.
Hint: Some or all of these items may be partially or entirely fictionalized.
Disclaimer: The preceding may have been an understatement. Also, this disclaimer is untrue.
Now that we've weeded out those pesky blog-scanning spam robots via the ol' reliable circuit-frying logic trap, we can move on to these 6 Uninteresting Things About Me, according to very loyal reader Middle Aged Woman:
1. LiteralDan cannot sleep unless he is wearing toe socks. Something to do with not wanting the webbing to grow back.
2. LiteralDan has a dread fear of wet sponges. Really. The last time he tried to wash his car in the driveway, J- found him quivering and whispering, "The squishy...the squishy..."
3. LiteralDan adds pepper to his coffee. He feels it gives him a jump on those namby-pamby types who need sugar to swill the caffeinated-goodness in a cup.
4. LiteralDan absolutely cannot visit a museum without leaving a contribution in the form of what he calls "upgrades" to some of the artwork. Check this out from his recent visit to the Louvre:
5. LiteralDan has been lying about his children's names all this time. They are not D- and M-. They are actually R- and K-. And you thought you knew the guy.
6. Did I mention there were actually three of them?
* And I was much less recently tagged for this same meme by SherE1 at His, Mine, Ours. I never got around to publishing something for it, but I fully intended to. This is what I console myself with when I attempt to sleep at night.
** It seems to me that this particular meme was cruelly designed with me in mind, not only because it's a tremendous challenge, but because going beyond 5 items without continuing on to 10 really gets under my skin.
*** If I actually had as many as SIX uninteresting things about myself, how would I be able to sustain this incredibly scintillating blog for the entertainment of many dozens of daily readers? And if I thought anything about me was uninteresting, would I be able to keep talking about myself this far into a footnotes section, time and time again? I rest my case, and apology accepted.