24 August 2009

Even a golden raisin shower is gross

The other day, while I was adjusting my 5-year-old son D-'s booster carseat, I heard an odd rattling sound. Assuming it must be filled with crayons and an assortment of small rocks that had once been in the cupholders, I began trying, not unlike a chimpanzee, to find an access point to the inside of this thing.

Only once I started shaking it upside down with the cupholders partway out did a flurry of rock-hard golden raisins of mysterious origin begin raining down across the seat and floor of the car.

I stopped shaking to gather up this first batch and hand them to D- before beginning another round. His response to all this trouble he'd caused? An excited, "Can I eat them?"

When will this stop?

11 comments:

Mama Dawg said...

Just be grateful it was REAL raisens and not of the furry animal variety.

unmitigated me said...

What in the WORLD makes you think it will stop?

Swirl Girl said...

this is why I don't allow comestibles in my car - ever!

Andrea's Sweet Life said...

Oh, my friend. Haven't you learned yet to shake the carseat OUTSIDE the car? Preferrably with a dog nearby so you don't have to sweep later?

Trooper Thorn said...

Golden raisins are gross, even fresh from the store. Who supplied them to your kid, surely not you?

A Free Man said...

Pulling up the car seat is a disturbing activity. Some of the stuff under there is just wrong.

MakingChanges said...

Thank you for the laugh. My kids aren't the only ones...

Sally HP said...

Gross! I put H in the third row the other day while I was watching someone else's child and when I went to clean the car two days later, realized he hadn't so much eaten the McD's drivethru burger I got them all as a 'treat' as it fell out of his hands as he crashed from a full day...so that's what the interesting smell was in my car...

Badass Geek said...

Hey, they might have been tastier, having been booster-seat dried.

Aunt Juicebox said...

My niece just found stuff in my couch cushions. So, I suppose it sort of never stops.

Michael from dadcation.com said...

I'm OCD as Hell, so I clean the seat every time a youngster rides in it. And, I very rarely allow snack food.

But the Mrs's minivan, on the other hand, is veritable heap of disgusting.