30 September 2009

Things that amuse me

Here, as the title might suggest, are a few things that have been amusing me lately:

1. It says a lot about my current lifestyle that I only knew how long I slept in the computer chair recently by looking back at the pre-dawn browser history and measuring the gap between Repentant man breeds 4,600 scorpions and Driver Wears Monkey Mask in Speed-Camera Tickets. It was 37 minutes, by the way.

2. You know you're dealing with one of the greatest pools of obsessive nerd wisdom on Earth when you come upon the film category of Bully Comeuppance at the IMDb. (Also, Copped Feel.)

3. A house nearby to ours is on the National Register of Historic Places, and I recently saw the latest issue of This Old House magazine sticking out of their mailbox. This is a lot like seeing some old lady walking her poodle while clutching Dog Fancy magazine, or a grown man in bedazzled Crocs holding Pedophiles Monthly.

4. Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT) should think twice about scaring people with closeups of unexpected Old Man Eyebrows in their e-mail boxes as a desperate campaigning tool. Secondly, I'm not sure what makes him think I can help him all the way out here in Povertyville, Illinois.

7 comments:

Irrational Dad said...

I fell asleep at the computer chair recently. I woke up with my hand still on the mouse. I can't help but wonder if muscle memory had me perusing my blog feeds while I was out.

Krystal said...

I fall asleep at the computer all the time - and #3...LOL!!!!!

Mary said...

I can see why you fell asleep but your dream must have been quite odd.

Jenny Grace said...

Comeuppance is one of my favorite words.

Ali said...

Driver wears monkey mask in speed camera tickets?! I fear you've reached the end of the internet, my friend.

Trooper Thorn said...

I'd like to see someone in one of those glassed-off, isolation tank smoking rooms in an office reading "Cigar Aficionado"

Dawn said...

You tend to amuse me everytime you post! #3 - LOVE it!!

I have a little bloggy award for you...come check it out!