19 January 2009

A conversation with my kids: Just can't let that slide

After loading the trunk with groceries one day last week, I was pleased to walk into the following exchange when I got back in the car with my kids:

M-: You are handsome!

Me: Thank you, ba...

M- & D-: No! No!...

M-: Not you, Daddy, D-!!

D-: Yeah, Dad, she was talking to me.

Me: ... Okay, thanks.



For more ridiculousness, check out my (4YO son) D- conversations, (2YO daughter) M- conversations, and (wife) J- conversations.

9 comments:

The Microblogologist said...

Awww, poor Dan. If it is any consolation you are probably the handsomest blue thing covered blogger on the internet.

unmitigated me said...

Don't worry, Dad. When she finds out she can't marry her brother, she'll settle for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow, were they quick to correct you. Little sweetie pies.

Kori said...

S-LAM!

Anonymous said...

Well I think you are handsome, but I don't know if that counts because I'm married to you.

Aracely said...

Don't feel bad Dan, it's hard to tell if your handsome or not with that bib blue thing blocking most of your face.

Jenny Grace said...

And to think, you almost believed you were getting a compliment! Good thing they set you straight.

Anonymous said...

Kakakakaka...
That meant their father not handsome? Maybe a compliment running away because you forgot to buy them something.

SherE1 said...

Don't try to ask the kids if they think you look FAT either coz the answer is never a good one. Trust me. I can tell you from personal experience. In fact, the question need not actually be asked. Sometimes they will just offer up their opinion out of the blue. I love those days.