16 January 2009

Macaroni-and-Death in the Garden of Good and Edam

As those of you outside what I'll call The Snow Belt may have heard, the rest of us are currently dealing with the kind of snow that builds you a fort all by itself, and the kind of cold that freezes your tongue to your coat zipper the second your foot hits the front porch.

Sharp cold wave shocks upper Midwest, temps to -36

In times like these, disaster is rarely located anywhere but Right Around the Corner:


"Indiana police reported numerous crashes on slippery highways, including a truck that overturned and spilled 43,000 pounds of cheese, closing a busy highway ramp during the night in the Gary area."

Far be it from me to provoke an intra-national incident or incite legendary food-fight-related violence, but I think I speak for all of us when I say it should be clear to the people of Wisconsin that this willful distribution of copious amounts of free cheese to the public by the people of Indiana constitutes an act of war.

I believe I'll munch on some gravel-laced Gouda while I mull the implications of this tragic, region-shaping attack.

12 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

Gives new meaning to the phrase "who cut the cheese."


Who dropped the cheese?
WHo freed the cheese?
Who.........you get the picture......

Goldfish said...

Wow, if it weren't for you I don't think I would have heard about this incident, much less appreciated the obvious cheeseheads-as-terrorists implications.

Kevin McKeever said...

Dang cheese heads!

Lacey said...

This is so by far my favorite post of the day. Of the week. Possibly of the year.

Momo Fali said...

I once saw a Budweiser truck that had spilled its contents all over the road. Saddest thing I've ever seen.

unmitigated me said...

Hey, we could use some free cheese in Michigan. The spill would have been cleaned up really fast here!

Mrs4444 said...

Hilarious. My best laugh of the day so far: "gravel-laced Gouda" LOVED it!!

Brittany said...

I would have been all over that, with a lighter and a fondue stick!

Mama Dawg said...

Why has this not made the national headlines? Who cares about the Hudson River airplane crash. We're talking free cheese here people, free cheese.

Check your priorities. Geez.....

The Microblogologist said...

I am definitely siding with Indiana, it is those damn cheeseheads' fault! Here they had to close down I-80W outside Des Moines because an east-bound semi decided to have a head on with a west-bound semi, it did not end well and I think took 4 hours to clear. Of course this happened right as rush hour was starting, thank goodness I don't live over there, sucks to be those commuters!

I was so excited to walk outside to 31°F weather, I can't believe that I of all people was excited over weather below freezing. This below zero crap has got to go, bring on the global warming!

Irrational Dad said...

I live near Fort Wayne, Indiana. Icy roads (temps of -17f, brrr) caused a semi to roll over not 2 miles from my house. Its contents? 35 cows, on the way to the slaughter house.

I think I'll be avoiding cheese-burgers for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Very shorts, simple and easy to understand, bet some more comments from your side would be great