15 July 2009

Classic quotes, Vol. 17

To continue clearing out my Illinois-to-Maine backlog (a process significantly protracted, with my apologies, by my computer problems), here are several quotes from my wife J-, my 5-year-old son D-, and my 2-year-old daughter M-:

J- (while cruising happily through Indiana on the home stretch): Indiana's the best! Their speed limit is 70 and they sell real fireworks!

M- (first thing in the morning, inexplicably, since traffic was flowing just fine): GO, people! People! You're dwiving too swowww, just goooooo!!

D- (to me, while complaining at the store): You say "no" to everything.

M- (making a proud announcement to the entire park after I pushed her higher than most people would ever push a 2-year-old on a swing): Wook at me, kids!! I'm swinging wike a SOUP-oh-hewoe! Wike a diamond in da sky!

D- (while I was trying to drive): Remember a few days ago you said you were gonna give me some money? ...Then you forgot? So, can you give me some money right now?

4 comments:

Mrs. B. Roth said...

My son Crichton, uh - C- would like to comment: "My mom said she would ALWAYS give me ALL the change when she buys stuff, but then she paid for something and did NOT give me all the change because she is a BIG LIAR HEAD."

unmitigated me said...

Oh, D- is gonna be using that cash line forever. They all do.

Mrs4444 said...

Whenever my kids asked, "Can I/we buy one of these?" at the store, I always responded enthusiastically, "Sure! Did you bring your wallet?!" It always shut them down. :)

Mama Dawg said...

Hey, remember a few days ago when you said you were gonna give ME some money?

Dude, where is it?