18 November 2008

Now we get down to Real Problems

You know, while I may live right next to the city where our new president ended up settling, I can't say I fully identified with him personally until I saw this picture:

Obama gets a taste of my daily life"Backstage at the rally, Obama tries to calm a young supporter whose brother had taken his pretzel goldfish."*

I didn't get to see an After picture for confirmation, but I imagine him using his Dramatic Speech voice to full effect and settling this dispute within minutes.

I have to wonder if he'd be willing to lend me his services now and then in extreme emergencies, if for no other reason than as payback for all those dozens of dollars I gave him.



* I'm sure Pepperidge Farm would not be very happy to see their trademark genericized like this. I think we need to get out there and determine whether this was actually a Goldfish cracker or merely a regular cracker that happened to be vaguely fish shaped. If the latter, they get to start handing out lawsuits.

17 comments:

Goldfish said...

It's entirely possible that this is what John Boehner looked like as a child. And, seriously, I would totally hide my Goldfish crackers from Nancy Pelosi.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we are ready for our leader to solve the real problems of the day.

Tara R. said...

Share the wealth, share the fish crackers... easy. :D

Chris M. said...

Why do I feel like I'd already read this post once before?

-Chris
Weather Moose

Renee said...

Young supporter's brother is going to grow up a republican. I bet a whole sack of Pepperidge Farms Pizza Flavored Goldfish on it.

Jenny Grace said...

I'm sure it was the pretzel goldfish. Have you tried them?? Delicious.

How to Party with an Infant said...

Someone stole my youth. Obama, will you carry me?

Midwest Mom said...

Can you settle down, little guy?

Yes, you can!

Can you ask Mommy for another goldfish?

Yes, you can!

Can you give big brother a wedgie when no one is looking?

Yes, you...wait-a-minute...

Aracely said...

I'm with the moose de ja vu!

Crafty Lady said...

i third the deja vu comments...

LiteralDan said...

The deja vu solution is that I accidentally published this post early this past weekend, then immediately took it offline.

It disappeared from my feed, except it seems the Feedburner helpfully remembered it had been there and refused to forget it.

Hence it didn't show up anew today in the feed most of you get. I guess this answers my question at the time as to whether anyone saw that... d'oh!

Everyday Goddess said...

Considering the fact that Goldfish crackers are the equivalent of crack cocaine to most kids, I'd say we elected the right man to make peace in the world.

Irrational Dad said...

I had a dream last night that I met Obama.... hm.

LiteralDan said...

Comedy Goddess: I'll have to throw my own name in with the crack-cocaine folks, to be fair.

Joe: That's just Obama's new voter outreach program, looking to keep his approval numbers up.

Expect to have surges of those dreams just before the midterm elections.

Andrea said...

Problem solving-always a bonus!

Mrs4444 said...

Doesn't surprise me at all, given that he's always reaching out to the Little People...

Anonymous said...

I'll bet his brother was a McCain supporter.