04 November 2008

You know what you need to do

It may sound insincere, given my clear preference in this election, but I can honestly say that no matter who you're voting for, please make sure to do so today, if you haven't already.

If only everyone legally allowed would vote in every election (and then those votes were all recorded accurately before being faithfully tallied, of course), I think we'd stop being defined by the simmering dissatisfaction, constant infighting, and impotent rage coursing through this country.

If everyone just let their choices be known and then dealt with the consequences, we'd have so much more time for really important things instead of spending so much of it focusing on regrets and pointless analysis.

Anyway, enough with the sappy melodrama. Just make sure, like me, that this won't be any of you today:
LiteralDan in a Post-Obama-Rally coma
Tomorrow morning after the rally, of course, all my bets are off.

14 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Husband just phoned from the not yet open polling place two blocks away. The line is halfway to our house.

Vodka Mom said...

I'm on my way..............

Anonymous said...

I'm lucky, I got to vote early, but all day I will be casting voodoo spells or whatever else is necessary to make sure this election turns out as it should.

Rikki said...

Have fun voting people! This Canadian will be watching from the sidelines!

GO OBAMA!

Ali said...

I thought that was LiteralDan in a post-Halloween coma?

Hope you don't mind but I borrowed some of your asterisks today:)

Happy voting everyone!

Goldfish said...

I'm going, I'm going! (I hope you get to celebrate at Grant Park tonight. God, do I hope.)

Anonymous said...

More people voting today than I've seen in a long time and that was at 6:45 in the morning. It's good to see.

Anonymous said...

You are hairier than I thought... Was your dad from Kenya, too?

Swirl Girl said...

You are not a big ape. Everyone knows chimps are more intelligent.

Kori said...

Yep, I am going after work with two of the four kids in tow, I have made calls on behalf of momsrising (and will finish them up at lucnh), because this is HUGE.

Jenny Grace said...

I can't decide if you are the ape, or the pile of refuse next to the ape.

Brittany said...

Done! I feel all red, white and bluey!

The Microblogologist said...

I watched for you on CNN, I likely did not see you but who knows maybe I did when they were showing shots of the whole crowd...

Anonymous said...

I see some similarities with this gorilla and me. lol.