25 June 2008

A conversation between M- & J-: A duel of clones

I believe the following conversation sums up most of my wife's (J-) and daughter's (M-) personalities and habits.

To set the scene, J- was sitting on the couch feeding M- some cottage cheese and peaches. Immediately after receiving a bite, M- jumped the gun on opening her mouth and saying, "Ahhh!"

J-: You don't have to show me your mouth is full-- I just put a spoonful in there, so I already know that.

M-: "Know datt!"

M- then turns to wipe her face on J-'s sock, which she had left on the coffee table the previous night... don't ask why, it's just part of J-'s mysterious charm. Or at least that's what she tells me.

J-: No, that's my sock.

M-: "My ghock!"

J-: Listen to this little parrot!

M-: "Pare-rett!"

And on it goes, all day, every day*.


* "Evree day!"

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, it's cute when your kid does it. When mine does it it's not a funny...maybe because it's my sock or shirt or whatever that is at stake!

Kori said...

I taught O. early on to wipe his hands/mouth/nose on his OWN sleeve. Might as well train 'em young, and that way I know I will have something to yell at him about later.

Momo Fali said...

My six year old does that do his nine year old sister. Drives her absolutely crazy too!

Anonymous said...

It's times like these that you can be thankful your wife doesn't swear like a sailor. Or maybe we just don't hear about THOSE conversations.

Rikki said...

I love that I can "hear" your daughter talking with a mouth full of cottage cheese, just by the way you write it. THAT, takes talent.

Anonymous said...

Awww...you're making me miss those days! Now when my kids copy, it's not cute--it's to mock me!

PS-Check your email, I sent you those links a minute ago. :)

LiteralDan said...

MamaNeena: Just stop wearing nice clothes around the house. Buy yourself a terry cloth wardrobe so you can be a walking towel!

Kori: I can't imagine there ever being a shortage of required yelling, based on my experience, but indeed the wipings are better on their sleeves than yours.

MomoFali: The question is, does she deserve it? If so, then all is right with the world.

Andrea's Sweet Life: The latter would be correct, though in all fairness I'm pretty bad myself at times.

Rikki: Well thank you very much. If she'd had a mouthful of crackers or cereal, I would have had to zig instead of zag lol

Christy: Yeah copying gets old quickly when someone's doing it on purpose. This kid's just so happy at being able to say so many things that she just takes any word anyone says as a suggestion to try it herself.

Thanks for sending those links!

Swirl Girl said...

evree day! I hear ya!

I totally know what having the little ones copy you...

(it's no wonder my kids have a potty mouth)

www.swirlgirlspearls.blogspot.com

LiteralDan said...

Potty mouth! Potty mouth!!