06 May 2008

Betcha thought I wasn't posting today

Well, I considered taking today off from posting, for the first time since February, but I don't think my obsessive-compulsive disorder will yet allow me. Rest assured, though, as promised on May Day, I'll be taking a couple days off per week soon enough.

The reason I thought to take today off was not because I walked 7 miles yesterday; nor because D- woke me up at 6:45 this morning, wide awake and begging for food (after not getting to bed until 9 o'clock last night-- he normally sleeps at least 12 hours); nor because I have a million chores to do; nor because it is beautiful outside again today; nor because D- is standing next to me shirtless, slapping his belly and asking when we can go to the Exploritorium; nor because M- is a little clingy and has the sniffles. No, the reason is because my lovely wife also has the sniffles, which, when combined with some particularly fervent insanity at work recently, meant that when she woke up this morning, she decided today was not a day to persevere.

So I'm posting this little notice while she naps on the couch, but once I click Publish Post, I shall be gone for the day to have lunch as a family, walk to the park, visit the Exploritorium (score one for D-), play some MarioKart Wii (just got it=very exciting), make some dinner together, and maybe watch a movie.

And with any luck, several hilarious things will happen en route to bed to provide me with something to write about the rest of this week. Fare thee well!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the makings of a perfect day! Good luck and enjoy!

Mama Dawg said...

Have fun!

Emily

SherE1 said...

I love impromptu family days! Hope you and the family and a great time today and that the wife and baby girl are feeling better soon!

LiteralDan said...

Thanks for all the comments-- we did indeed have fun till the sun went down. And now J- and I can play us some MarioKart!

TerriRainer said...

Boys and their toys!!!

Hope the girls are doing better. Allergies have been a booger here for over a month.

Lots of rest, Kleenex, and vitamins!

:) Terri

LiteralDan said...

Thanks-- I think they'll be better in a day or two. I just hope the kids don't develop a bunch of allergies, cause constant colds and flus are bad enough. I definitely feel for you!